Computer Aided Drafting
It all starts with a plan.
That plan might start on the back of a napkin, but it ends with a professional drafter and drafting software.
Students in Salina Tech’s Computer Aided Drafting program learn to use industry-standard software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD Civil 3D to create everything from house plans to complex three-dimensional machine parts.
CAD technicians (or drafters) typically start their career by working directly under licensed architects, engineers and planners to develop support documentation such as drawings, blueprints and profiles. Salina Tech’s CAD program is designed to prepare them for this by covering topics such as mechanical drafting, civil drafting, architectural drafting, 3D modeling, and sheet metal design.
|Program Length||Program Cost||Degree Earned||Expected Salary|
|9 Months||$7,333||Technical Certificate||$35,000 – $45,000|
|Two Years||$11,023||Associate Degree||$40,000 – $50,000|
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Note: Program schedule does not include general education courses required by program.
Learn about CAD software using these additional resources:
- Free Online guide to learn AutoCAD Fundamentals – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to AutoCAD.
- Economical textbook to learn AutoCAD Fundamentals – AutoCAD 2023: A Problem-Solving Approach by Sham Tickoo, ISBN 978-1640571440.
- Live virtual or in-person AutoCAD, Inventor, and Revit courses are available through D3 Technologies. Visit their website or contact them for pricing and a training schedule.
- Contact Ryan Weber for more information about other Computer-Aided Drafting continuing education opportunities.
* For access to AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, or Inventor, a 30-day free trial can be downloaded from Autodesk.
Contact the CAD Enrollment Specialist with any questions, admissions requirements, or to set up program shadowing or tours.