Transferring Courses in Kansas

The Kansas Board of Regents approves courses for System-Wide Transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. A student who completes one or more of these courses at any Kansas public community college, technical college or public university can be certain that he or she can transfer those courses to any other Kansas public institution offering an equivalent course. For more information and a list of equivalent courses in Kansas, visit this site:

To order a Salina Tech transcript please click here

Articulation Agreements


Salina Tech has transfer articulation agreements in place with the following institutions. Students who take courses at Salina Tech may wish to take advantage of these articulation agreements. However, the student should communicate with the receiving institution to ensure a smooth transfer process. Click on the links below for more information.

Fort Hays State University

Pittsburg State

Hutchinson Community College

What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer allows you to receive your associate degree from your most recent community college or technical college by combining the credits you earned there and the credits you earn after transferring to a Kansas public university. So, if you leave Salina Tech before earning your AAS degree, and you transfer to a Kansas public university, you will then have the option to have your university credits transferred back to Salina Tech, enabling you to complete your Salina Tech AAS degree while you continue to work toward your degree at the university.

Within the first year after you have transferred to a Kansas public university, if you transfer coursework from a community college or technical college to a public university, you will be notified if you are eligible to be considered for Reverse Transfer. You are eligible if you have completed 45 credit hours at one or more colleges and if you consent to the release of your academic records. If you consent (also known as “opting in”) your academic records will be evaluated for degree completion and your degree will be conferred based upon a satisfactory evaluation. Opting in is the first step.

Why Opt-In to Participate in Reverse Transfer?

A college degree is key to economic opportunity. Research shows that on average, people with more education make more money than those with less. Associate degree holders average about $200,000 more over a lifetime than individuals with some college but no degree, while bachelor’s degree holders average over $720,000 more.

The associate degree represents an educational achievement, a credential for career advancement, and a building block to additional academic accomplishments. Further, research shows that students who earn the associate degree via reverse transfer are more likely to continue their education and complete a bachelor’s degree.

If you’ve earned it, don’t you deserve it? Contact the Registrar’s Office for more information at 785-309-3137 or .

For more information on Reverse Transfer, click here: