Paying for College
Have you determined how you are going to pay for College? Before you will be enrolled and allowed to start classes, all students must make financial arrangements with the Salina Tech business office. These include:
- Pay in Full
- Apply for Financial Aid – If you intend to apply for Financial Aid (Loans, Grants, etc.), the first step is to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To learn more, please visit www.salinatech.edu/financial-aid
- Set up a Payment Plan – Salina Tech has a payment plan available to qualifying students. Students must be enrolled in at least 4 credit hours and have a minimum balance of $300 per semester to qualify. Click here to learn more.
Need to make a payment? Call our business office at (785) 309-3100 or click here to pay online.
The SATC Financial Aid Office is dedicated to providing support to students and their families in meeting the costs of a college education. SATC participates in a wide variety of federal, state, and private financial aid programs. To apply for financial aid, start with these three steps:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at: www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Salina Area Technical College school code is 005499. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is unavailable and will remain unavailable until the start of the next FAFSA season due to a data breach. We regret any inconvenience. To fill out a FAFSA, you can manually input your information. Remember, if you’re filling out the 2017-18 FAFSA form, your 2015 tax information is required (not 2016).
- Four to six weeks after submitting a FAFSA, you will receive confirmation of your financial aid application in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR). Be sure to check your SAR for accuracy and make any necessary corrections on-line or use Part II of your SAR. Contact the SATC Financial Aid Office if you have questions about making SAR changes.
- SATC will receive your financial aid application from the Federal Processor electronically. At this point, we will send you any forms and documents you must submit to the SATC Financial Aid Office to complete your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachael Galvan, Financial Aid Specialist, at 785-309-3147 or via email at email@example.com or Anna Kreighbaum, Financial Aid Specialist/Academic Advising, at 785-309-3118 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.