Enrollment and Certification for Veterans

To use your Veterans Administration, VA education benefits, you must enroll in classes at SATC and then be certified by the SATC School Certifying Official (SCO). Enrollment certification requests must be made each time you enroll in a new semester.

New or Transfer GI Bill® Students

To use your VA education benefits, you must enroll in classes at SATC and then be certified by the SATC School Certifying Official (SCO).

Follow these steps if you are a new or transfer student:

1. Apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs to establish your eligibility for education benefits. Once the VA has processed your application, it will send you a Certificate of Eligibility. This is your official notification that you are eligible to use your benefits.

2. Apply for admission and enroll in classes at SATC.

The VA will only pay for approved degree/certificate programs.

3. Once you are enrolled in classes, submit the following forms to the SATC Veteran Services office for enrollment verification:

When you submit paperwork to our office, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your forms from the SATC Veteran Services office.

Your course schedule will be reviewed by the Student Services office. To be certified to the VA, your classes must be required for your SATC educational objective.

When your enrollment is certified to the VA, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt from the Veterans Administration.

All email notifications will go to your SATC address. It is your responsibility to check this account regularly.

SATC has a free learning resource center on campus to assist you with tutorial services. If you find that you need additional assistance, the VA has a tutorial assistance program that can reimburse you for a private tutor.

Credit for Prior Military Training

SATC accepts military training and experience for prior learning credit at no cost to the student.

In order to have your prior military credit evaluated, you must be enrolled in classes at SATC. Credit for prior military training and experience is posted to the student academic transcript once six credit hours have been completed at SATC. Be aware that any credit awarded by SATC for prior learning experience will not be transferable directly from your SATC transcript to other colleges and universities.

SATC offers two methods of evaluation of military training. Your education goals will determine which evaluation will be of most benefit to you:

If your objective at SATC is to earn general education credits to transfer to a four year institution or to complete pre-requisites for a SATC selective admissions program, we recommend that you choose to have your DD214 evaluated. You will be granted one hour of physical education credit. A half credit for first aid and a half credit for CPR for completion of basic training. To apply for additional credit, provide a copy of your DD214 (member 4 copy) to the Student Services office.

If your objective at SATC is to pursue a degree or certificate in a field of study that is related to your military training and experience, we recommend a full evaluation of your Joint Services Transcript.  To apply for a full evaluation, request your Joint Services Transcript online and contact the School Certifying Official to inform us of your request.  Requests that are received without a SATC application on file cannot be accepted.

Please contact Veteran Services for more information on prior learning credit for prior military credit.

Salina Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, military service, or any other non-merit based factor in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title VII, ADA, Title IX, Section 504, Title II, GINA, is directed to contact the Human Resources Specialist, 2562 Centennial Rd, Salina, KS 67401, 785-309-3100.


For more information about our completion , on-time graduation rates, cost, placement rates, and median debt incurred, please go to http://www.salinatech.edu/ and search by program of study. You may also compare programs at various Kansas colleges here: